Thursday, July 10, 2008

Questions

I've featured one other conversation between my Mom and little brother Luke before... here's another great one from two years ago when he was 7. M = Mom and L = Luke.

My Mom was too busy to entertain me this afternoon with an e-mail so I went digging through the e-mails I have archived from her - to try and amuse myself. And I came across this. Far better than any e-mail about how great I AM from my Mom.

L: Mom, why is it raining all the time?
M: Yeah, it does seem to be raining a lot lately.
L: Mom, why did God invent velcro?
M: (barely a moment of silence, as Mom ponders)
L: Mom, why did God invent mosquitos?
M: (not even a split second of silence)
L: And why do people paint their houses brown?
L: When Stormy dies, can we get a gecko?
L: And why did God invent snakes? Why do people kill snakes, just for fun? It's not like anyone's boss says, "Here, go kill all these snakes and while you're at it, take a bunch of baby sharks out of the ocean and put them in jars and line them up on a shelf and sell them for decorations. No one does that."
M: Are you remembering the souvenir shop in Texas?
L: Yeah, that was just mean. People killing snakes to make little bags out of them and putting baby sharks in jars. Baby sharks don't eat people or anything.
M: That makes you sad.
L: Yeah, and why is it raining all the time . . . .
M: Well, here we are at school . . . see ya this afternoon!

No comments: